NBCI’s Bobwhite Almanac, State of the Bobwhite 2016 IS HERE! NBCI’s Bobwhite Almanac/State of the Bobwhite Report is an annual publication of the National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative (NBCI) to provide a range-wide snapshot of population, hunting and conservation status of the northern bobwhite, as well as looks at efforts underway to reverse the bobwhite decline.
Table of Contents:
- Foreword by Nick Wiley, Executive Director of Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Introduction by Don McKenzie, Director of NBCI
- Quail Tracks
- Quail 8
- “Natives First” Launches
- Pea Ridge: Creative Approach to Monitoring in Arkansas
- Mid-Contract Management Key to CP33 Value
- Decades of Habitat Change on a Kentucky Farm
- USFS Joins Bobwhite Restoration
- www.QuailCount.org a Major Step for State Priorities
- Oklahoma Research
- State Conservation Reports
- NBCI State Agency Bobwhite Habitat Inventory Index
- Status of Bobwhite Hunting
July 15-18, 2008, Lafayette, LA
Ph.D. research assistantship available for graduate student studying wildlife responses to and production for native grass grazing systems.
The SPI Director position is employed by, and responsible to, the University of Tennessee. However, direct supervision will be provided by the USDA Forest Service shortleaf pine project leader with ongoing consultation and advice from the Shortleaf Pine Initiative (SPI) Advisory Council.
July 29th – August 1st, 2014
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Living on the Edge: Where the Prairie, Farmlands, and